Customers are at the heart of everything at Waimakariri District Council and we promise to be professional, approachable and solutions-focused. We are looking for a Development Manager who is able to work effectively across a wide range of issues and enable a customer-focused environment. Waimakariri District is one of the fastest growing Districts in New Zealand and the third largest, by population, in the South Island. This provides a set of unique challenges and diversity of issues.
The successful applicant will lead a motivated team of engineers, working with industry, developers, engineering consultants, and planning professionals. In this leadership role you will provide direction and coaching/mentoring to your team, provide high quality engineering expertise across development projects, provide strategic engineering input into the growth strategy for the District, lead by example through the delivery of a customer focused service and manage key stakeholder relationships.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a motivated and skilled professional. The council offers a challenging work environment where you really make a difference.
The Council is a Professional Development Partner with IPENZ and is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job go to:http://waimakariridc.recruitmenthub.co.nz/Vacancies/ & enter ref code: 3308852
Applications close 01 March 2017
- Proven leadership ability, with excellent project management and relationship skills;
- A sound understanding of engineering principles including water, sewer, stormwater, and roading;
- An understanding of the resource consent process and associated legislation;
- A solutions focused attitude;
- The ability to provide support and direction to a team of engineers with a wide variety of skills and experience;
- An understanding of financial issues associated with growth related capital projects including development contributions;
- The ability to work with various stakeholders with conflicting interests;
- A desire to seek the challenges of dealing with a wide variety of engineering matters arising from varied developments;
- Experience in 3 waters, roading and/or land development engineering.
To secure this position you will need to have: